Monday 23 October 2023

All I Hear is the Wind (EPILOGUE)

Within his little cottage in the middle of nowhere echoed the sounds of boiling water and a cackling fireplace.

"It's been a year, Junri. Are you alright?" A muffled voice calls out. The voice of a friend. He stumbles towards the door, bumping into the edge of a table or two by the hip.

He yanks the door open and it creaks. "I'm alright. What about you?"

Bea's eyes widened, catching a few glances of his house behind him. There was stacks of tables and puddles of suspicious liquid on the tables, bottles and floor. A couple of papers had been crumpled or ripped into shreds, carelessly thrown in a corner that is making itself known as the garbage dump. 

Her gaze lands on the letter in his hand.

"Are you still beating yourself up about that?" She prods gently, following his tired body as he slumps onto his chair.

He doesn't respond. All he knows is that he shouldn't have wished for silence to fill that place after all.

 

"When I heard silence, I heard the wind."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Soulmates who receive a vaguely-worded letter. The letter will contain information about a perilous situation that their soulmate will be in; one that will result death if the recipient of the letter does not act." - The Prompt

I hope what little details I left, whether in my words or descriptions, had been conveyed. If not, I hope it will be found as did the wind found him.

1 comment:

  1. OK NOW I WANNA KNOW WHATS IN THE LETTER...

    ReplyDelete

All I Hear is the Wind (EPILOGUE)

Within his little cottage in the middle of nowhere echoed the sounds of boiling water and a cackling fireplace. "It's been a year,...